Tuesday, September 16, 2008

lost in translation

I sit here, my mind wanders, my eyes follow
     I wonder if anyone notices how transparent we are-
Like jellyfish in a sea of emotion.
     We cling together, fall apart
Magnets- attracting, repelling.

Maybe this comfortable life vest of acceptance
     keeps us from floating free. independent
Maybe we've been numbed of all feeling by
     instant communication @ the touch of a button
Maybe we're all a little lost in translation
     misunderstood, distant
Maybe we live too much in daydreams
     staring out the window, white clouds of hope
Maybe we spend too much time trying
     to grab the rope that dangles out of reach
Maybe we babble so much about maybes
     that we forget the point we wanted to make

So we wander these halls, lost in translation.


1 comment:

APLITghosts said...

Is this the maybe poem? I really like it. I like all of the speculation. Have you seen Lost in Translation yet? Maybe a line of spanish or two would be cool so that you can actually have to translate something. I enjoy what you have here. I like the format of the blog too. It is you. Thanks for being my first poster. Bonus points for you! Mrs. elmeer